Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Stability Ball Challenge: Day Three


 
Time to check in!!!  How did those leg lifts in plank work for you?  Me, not so much!!!  I ended up modifying and holding plank for 10 secs for 4 sets.  I will own those by the end of this challenge!!! 

Have you taken your before photos??  Me neither!  I work a full time job during the day and I’ll admit I haven’t had the energy or desire to take them by the time I get home from work.  Tomorrow, I swear.  I did take my measurements so I’ll report those…waist: 30 ½, hips: 38 ½ ; thighs: 22. 

Are you ready for today’s workout??  Of course you are you rockstar!!!  Today we’re going to focus on our core, which will promote balance and stability.  To tell the truth, I’m wanting to focus on my core because it has been a brutal winter here in MN and I’m hoping to hit the slopes Saturday night.  My snowboard misses me so I must go riding…I’m not the greatest rider in the world (give me a break, I just started at age 40 so I think that’s pretty badass) so I need a strong core, because I fall…a lot.  One of my favorite parts of my scope of practice is functional fitness for athletes, meaning training folks that like to do sports in ways that can improve their performance and working my core is definitely an example of functional fitness for snowboarders. 

But I digress (which I will do from time to time, you haven’t seen anything yet…) on to our workout for day three.  Our exercises are plank, plank with leg curls and we’ll revisit the floor bridge to stretch out those screaming abs.  Again, all you’ll need today is your ball and your yoga mat.

Plank (the picture shows a modification with your forearms on the floor, if you’re up to the challenge, go ahead and do full plank)

 

Plank with Leg Curls



Floor Bridges



 
Work your way up to 4 sets of 10 reps of these exercises, completing them in a circuit. 

I just did 3 sets of 10 reps and I’m wiped….

No comments:

Post a Comment